Sunday, June 13, 2010

Feeding Frenzy





I wish this title was describing Reina's appetite. Unfortunately we still haven't figured out what she'll eat no matter what (except maybe rice), so she always seems to want to eat, but doesn't want to eat very much of what we offer. I guess to be fair, she goes in spurts with eating. Maybe its her teeth?

I digress...Obaa-chan Kuniko took Reina to the park last week for one of our house meetings. She got eaten alive by mosquitos. Reina seems to be sensitive to the bites; between the park and our visit to the beach yesterday she is covered in huge red welts. She scratched one so much she started to bleed, and today she seemed quite annoyed by them. I'm not sure what to do aside from not go outside, which seems kind of sad.

Reina LOVES to play in water. We have a spicket on our balconi that she recently discovered, and the last two mornings she has come in soaking after playing in it. And of course at the beach she loves to sit and splash in the water and figure out buoyancy. I plan on signing up for swim lessons again the week before we leave and am excited to see her in the pool.

We finally got by the house today. All of the load-bearing walls are in place. We even walked through. I have a whole album dedicated to the house if you find your way to picasa via the slideshow on the blog. There I uploaded a bunch of new pictures with captions. We have made most of the final decisions. I'm most excited about the tile. We found some really cool tile for the outside. After walking through the house everything seems pretty good. I'm a bit worried about the bedrooms being a bit small and the whole house being dark....but its going to be ours and it will be awesome!

We are on our last week of school. Then Chris will be boxing up his school stuff and moving to Kubasaki. We are really excited to be at the same school. And I know Chris will enjoy the older crowd (the students, not the teachers!). We have also been casually researching different preschools for Reina. We may change, but if we don't find the perfect fit, we'll be happy with the place she goes now. 3 weeks until WA!

2 comments:

  1. I know I keep sayint this, but she is getting so big. Reina is adorable!!! I totally understand the pickiness with food, there are times Aeraci won't eat anything, but funny enough rice is our "sure bet" food too, it must be the asian in her:) Congrats to Chris on the move to Kubasaki!!

    ReplyDelete