Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Its a wrap

Mid-bike trip beer
Chris and I took our mini vacation out to Hamahiga Monday night. We arrived around 2pm...parked the car and took off on a short bike trip around Miyagi and Ikei-jima.  Miyagi and Ikei are a part of a four island cluster that also includes Henza and Hamahiga, all of which are off the west coast of Okinawa.




After a good first half of our bike trip, out to the furthest place we could get to, my tire had some issues, which led us to split up so that Chris could go back to get the car. I ended up being able to make it back, we were just worried since we had to take so much air out of my tire, that at any point, I might have to start walking.  After our bike adventure (which also included some hiking through the boonies), we headed back to Hamahiga to check into our hotel.

Hamahiga Resort was gorgeous.  We had been to their beach several times and had fairly high expectations.  The hotel was very up-scale with gorgeous views and its own ofuro (Japanese bath) on the top floor.  After a good night of sleep, with no interruptions or chores, we headed home to do some last minute Xmas shopping.  It was an amazing trip.
Our hotel room

Reina did great back at home with Grandpa Jeff and Obachan Kuniko.  Aparetnly Reina went to bed with no trouble and almost slept through the night (she woke up crying once, and after some more milk, went back to sleep till 730).  Since she did so well, Chris and I thought it was time to completely wean Reina from Mama's milk (since she's been hanging on to the before-bed-feeding for a while now).  I think this is actually going to be harder for me...just a special time for me and her that I will definitely miss.  Hopefully it goes without any hitch though.  This is night number two.....

No comments:

Post a Comment