Friday, December 31, 2010

Organized

Shoes - ORGANIZED!
When I saw THIS, I was forever impressed with my friend's son, Jack. She posted about Jack's amazing organizing skills, and I distinctly remember thinking, "wow, I can't wait untill Reina can be that organized!"  I think Jack was 1.5 years old at that time.  Well, Reina has finally done it.  She has organized something, and I am so proud.  Today, while I was out running errands, Reina put all of our shoes neatly, in pairs, resting in the gen-kan. Course she is 6 months older than Jack was at the time of his orderly-ness, but I'll forgive her!

Sweet, sleeping, baby Skyla
We visited Kaori, Kazuki, and baby Skyla again today, and Reina totally mastered saying, "Skyla." I guess  "mastered" might be a bit much, but she sure did try.  Skyla was so sweet. It made me miss the little newborn days (except when I think of all the non-sleeping during that time).

Reina has become quite the little talker.  I would say she easily learns a new word each day, and she increasingly combines them, "boat water," "baby sleeping," etc.


Reina pushing "Dolly" in GG's present

Reina got an early birthday present from GG (Great Grandma Leighton).  She LOVED it.  She couldn't wait to push her new shopping cart around nor fill it with all of the strange things toddlers put in things.  I think she liked the baby doll it came with even more.  She liked it so much, that it not only had to come upstairs with us when we were getting ready for bed, but she insisted upon it accompanying her to the bath tub.  I explained to her that "dolly" could not get wet, but she could watch, which was satisfactory.  But as soon as we were out of the tub, Dolly needed to be back in Reina's hands.  We'll see if she is as attached tomorrow. Thank you GG.  Reina's real birthday isn't until Tuesday, but we're celebrating with friends this Sunday.  Reina has been practicing blowing out her candles and saying "two."

No comments:

Post a Comment