Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Camera...

Wow that looks like Reina.
The camera is on the fritz and I am just sick about it.  I'm going to blame it on the humidity, which is out of control here, especially in this house.  Seriously, I checked out some flour and corn starch the other day....COVERED in mold.  Anyhow, I think Chris and I have decided that its the shutter that is sticking, which is causing a black bar of varying widths to show up on every other picture taken.  Again, MAKES ME SICK.  We bought the camera last summer at no small cost.
We are in the homestretch of soccer and AP season.  I think Chris and I are both ready for the end. Its been a tough season.  Chris keeps reminding me that this is as hard as its going to get. Kaiya and Reina are only going to get easier to care of from this point forward and I'm going to get better at teaching!  It sure has taken its toll on us. Each evening, when Chris gets home from practice (around 5pm) we're both exhausted. And on top of it all, Chris had an unsightly hives incident yesterday. He was taking some anti-biotics for an infection he got and as it turns out, he's allergic to sulfa.  That makes two of us.  He was COVERED head to toe in little red bumps.  He's off the meds now, so hopefully he'll continue to get better.

Kaiya has taken on a nice routine (except for at night of course).  I get both girls home around 3:30 - 3:45 after work and then Kaiya takes about an hour nap, which is a great amount of time for me to get something together for dinner. Sometimes Reina is better at playing by herself than others; mostly I think she wants me to play with her, which I try to do, but its tough when you are tired yourself, and then have bottles and dishes to wash, laundry to do, and dinner to make...at the same time.

Reina continues to adore Kaiya and the feeling is mutual.  When Reina was born we joked about who she preferred, Chris or myself. I feel that with Kaiya the stakes are higher, since Reina is in the picture, and I think Reina might win.  Kaiya literally giggles and wiggles with excitement when she sees Reina.  Its sweet and cute and it just makes me happy.

This is how Kaiya sucks her thumb
Kaiya is 5+ months at this point and is getting ready to sit up on her own.  She is chewing and drooling on everything, but she still hasn't sprouted any teeth.  I think I've mentioned that like Reina, Kaiya sucks her left thumb.  What's different is that Kaiya doesn't curl her fingers up like Reina does. Kaiya spreads her other fingers over her face (see picture).




Amongst what seems like an endless amount of rainy days (which have turned out good for me, since soccer practice/ games have been cancelled and cut short), we got a gorgeous Friday afternoon last week. I met Kaori and Skyla the beach and both Skyla and Reina enjoyed playing in the water and sand.  It only takes Reina standing next to Skyla for me to realize how big she has gotten.

Trial carseat @ airport scenario
Summer is 6 - 7 weeks away!  I've already started making my lists.  I've gotten the passports stamped and I even figured out how to get Reina's heavy carseat through the airport.  In the picture, you can see how Reina has started this new "swimsuit as outfit" campaign.  She will announce half way through the day that she wants to go try on her swimsuits, and she comes down still wearing one.  Speaking of swimsuits, I went to watch Reina at her swim class. She goes with her daycare on Friday's.  Its in the Chatan Sports center (by Kitakaisen and the batting cages). It was cute watching them learn how to swim without my having to get in the pool with her. She really looks forward to swimming each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment