Chris pointed out that although my last post went on about Reina smiling, I failed to post evidence of this. So, I made sure I took some shots of Reina smiling.
In other news, I forgot to tell you about some firsts last week. Reina got her first cold. This was more unpleasant for Chris and I then Reina, as it consisted of a continual nose drip. She also got her first real "boo-boo." Chris was cutting her fingernails, as they grow FAST, and he missed. Reina screamed for about 30seconds, and then resumed nursing, as that was what she was doing in the first place. Then she bled for about 2 minutes and the whole ordeal was over. Needless to say, Chris has been fired from finger-nail cutting.
We had three soccer games this past week, so I made sure to get Reina in her Kubasaki green and snap some more photos. You can see me in green, Reina only made it to a "pastel" green....but what can you do. She is a girl afterall, and baby clothes makers seem to think baby girls can only be seen in pink, yellow, and pastel of any other color. I meant to get a shot of us at one of the games, but I forgot. Next week! Our team has played Kadena twice (one tie, one win) and OCS twice (one loss, one tie). We played Shuri HS yesterday and Reina had a babysitter. Apparently she fussed the whole time. What happened to our "ii akachan?" This means good baby in Japanese, and its another adjective the daycare workers use. I think they just say these things to make me feel good, but I'm going to roll with it, cause it works!
As Reina approaches the end of her third month, she has started to slow down with the weight gain. Mind you, she's still pretty chubby, but she's maxed out right now at 13lbs. She does seem pretty long, but measuring her is still pretty challenging.
Liz and Mike fly in this Monday, so we're all preparing for their visit. Mainly this consists of grocery shopping and picking up our house, which is always a mess these days!
I can't believe that Chris clipped her finger!!! I would totally fire him! Aaron has not even tried clipping Aeraci's nails, that's my job, but I won't take her rectal tempature, that's his job!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big she's getting.