Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So much to show and tell



We made it to Seoul. The flight was uneventful, although I did discover that Reina doesn't like eating out! She gets upset when she's hungry, but only eats enough to tide her over, as she doesn't want to miss anything. I think this was more frustrating for me than anything. The plane ride was just under 2 hours from Naha to Seoul and Reina didn't make a sound.

When we got to my mom's place Reina was feeling a bit out of sorts. She let my Mom hold her for about 15 minutes before protesting, which was excellent. Then when she got tired for bedtime she wouldn't go to bed. Chris and I knew that Reina was attached to us. What we didn't realize was that she was attached to our apartment! She cried when I tried to lie her down in "her bed" until I held her and took her out with the rest of us in the living room. When we tried again, I had to stay and wait till her eyes closed - I think she kept make sure I was there. After this first night (which she slept through aside from her usual once feeding) she has been happy as can be. She has actually been napping better here than home in Oki. This next day she is also TOTALLY ok with Mom or Halil holding her at home OR out of the home, so this is a great improvement. She was OK with Liz and Mike, so perhaps Reina just "knows" who family is!

We've been doing a little touring of Seoul. There is A LOT of good shopping and today we went up to see a birds eye view at the Seoul tower and to a traditional Korean village.

I will post the majority of the pictures in the 5 month slideshow, and just put a few of my favorites here. I will also be working on a video of my Mom's dog licking Reina. Eva (the dog) is a big German Shepard who seems to think Reina is her responsibility to bathe. She also alerts us when Reina wakes up from naps (no need for a monitor!).

2 comments:

  1. maybe she'll be ok when she gets here! Sounds like she's doing well with teh travelling though so far. When will you be here again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of her when she's on Chris' shoulders. What an adorable smile.

    ReplyDelete