Monday, July 27, 2009

Goodnight Sweetheart


Each day Chris and I learn something new about Reina. Whether that be about her personality or a new trick. Well, on the plane Reina was refusing to sleep so I tried singing to her. Singing is not something I do well. Aside from having a poor singing voice I am also terrible at remembering more than the chorus to just about all songs. Anyhow, with nothing else to do to get her to calm down, I proceeded to sing her "Goodnight Sweetheart." It worked like a charm, and I just got her to go down for her nap with the same method.

I had to do some research on this song, and I have since found out that it was recorded by "The Spaniels" in the 1950s. Go figure! I heard it on "Three men and a little baby." I am working on learning more of the lyrics now, so that I don't have to make up half the song when I'm singing it to her!

The thumb and the blankie help too!

1 comment:

  1. I totally sing that song to Zane too. I love 3 men and a baby. I only know one verse and I make up another one. =) I am horrible with lyrics.

    ReplyDelete