Monday, July 27, 2009

Home, Sweet Home




We arrived home after what seemed to be the longest day ever. You know, we knew this going in to it, but you can never truly prepare yourself for a 24 hour day on multiple forms of transpiration...WITH a baby. Reina did ok. Not as good as she did going. She has gotten quite squirmy these day, and did not like being confined to her car seat. As a result she did very little sleeping on the plane. No worries, Chris and I did the same! Once in Oki we had our cab stolen by some other Americans and then Chris' car wouldn't start. We had a wonderful time visiting everyone and Reina really did amazing, but once we did make it home, we were all very happy to be sleeping in our own beds.

Since we've been home, Reina had her 6month check up. Mind you she'll be 7 months next week, but vacations come first, right? She was short, chubby, and doing great according to the doc. She was 18.1 lbs and 25.5 inches. The doc wasn't too worried about us waiting on solids either, however, I bought some avocado and some rice cereal I think we might try this week. I assure you this will mean new pics of a messy baby!

Pictures? Of course. I snapped one of my Dad being a bad influence on Reina, notice her gaze at the TV and the bag of Lays potato chips - well, you've actually already seen those. She likes her chips! Reina also likes our laptop - but who couldn't, its silver, shiny, and has lots of bright lights. And the other is of her in my suitcase, sticking her tongue out of course!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys made it back okay. We leave Sat. Not really looking forward to that trip, but ours is not near as long now.

    ReplyDelete