Thursday, July 23, 2009

Moving Forward




Reina and Granddad got to spend some time together today (well, really he was babysitting for Chris and I). When Chris and I came back, we were surprised that Reina was not in her crib, nor could we hear her or Dad. So, I went into my Dad's bedroom, and there were the both of them, Reina next to Dad all curled up. I guess my Dad wanted to nap too! On a similar note, when Chris was watching Reina, he needed to go get something, so he put Reina on the floor with lots of entertainment (as you can see in the picture). Rather than getting any of the toys, Reina actually moved back and put her head down as to sleep! She's so silly.

Reina also met her next pets (remember she started with Eva, the German Shepard at my Mom's in Korea, and has since seen a Labrador at Aunt Debbie's, and a cat at Liliana and Celeo's), Haley and Honey, my Dad and Romeni's two pekaneese dogs. Haley allowed Reina to play with her for a little bit.

I have to admit, I'm the most excited I've ever been to post a video on our blog. Reina has decided its finally time to use those thighs and propel herself forward! She has been looking like she was interested for sometime, but now, I think with the hardwood floors, she's found enough grip to push off on her feet and drag herself forward! Chris and I were pretty excited; we grinned the whole time she was doing it, and really did catch the first time on camera.

In preperation for her "army crawling" we've also caught her practicing some yoga poses. We call the one depicted "the bear."


2 comments:

  1. Hooray Reina!!! That is so exciting that she's crawling already! What a very full summer you've had. Hope you guys are doing well and have a restful trip home (as much as possible).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness she is so crawling!! I can't believe it. That is the cutest thing!! Go Reina!! Now when you get back to Oki remember to baby proof.

    ReplyDelete